WHY CHOOSE MDI MINI DENTAL IMPLANTS FOR DENTURES?
Even the best denture adhesives can’t compare to the denture stability achieved with Mini Dental Implants (MDI). Mini dental implants are designed to help denture wearers laugh, talk and live with comfort and confidence.
ADVANTAGES OF MDI MINI DENTAL IMPLANTS
Mini dental implants were developed to provide greater denture stability for those who:
- Can’t withstand the rigors of full-size implant surgery
- Don’t have enough bone to allow for full-sized implants to be placed
- Are seeking a more affordable dental implant option
- Minimally invasive option
WHAT ARE MDI MINI DENTAL IMPLANTS?
The Mini Dental Implant (MDI) Denture Stabilization System consists of:
- A metal housing that is incorporated into the base of your denture.
- A rubber O-ring, housed in the metal housings, to provide the seal that locks the pieces into place
- Mini titanium alloy dental implants, rooted into the jawbone, that act as an anchor to stabilize a lower denture
THE MINI DENTAL IMPLANT PROCEDURE
The MDI dental implant process takes place in our surgery, with local anesthesia. Typically, the procedure takes only one appointment and can be completed within 2-hours.
- We use a precise and controlled technique to insert the small diameter implants (around 2 millimeters wide) into your jawbone.
- With heads that are shaped like a ball, the implants protrude from the gum tissue where they will provide a secure anchor for your dentures.
- Metal housings that carry a rubber O-ring will be inserted into the bottom of your dentures.
- When your dentist seats the dentures on the mini dental implants, the O-ring snaps over the ball like a socket and locks the dentures firmly into place as they gently rest on the gum tissue.
- Mini-Implant retained dentures using the O-Ring System are a cheap alternative to traditional implant systems, allowing ease and comfort for functions such as eating, talking and laughing.
This option is mainly used in the lower jaw. Other Alternative Systems can be discussed.