Your child’s dental visit
It’s important for your children to visit the dental clinic early to ensure they are off to a good start with their oral health. Their first dental visit at FirstBite is an extremely important step for your child’s life long oral health.
Your first visit to FirstBite
Often a first visit is simply a time to acquaint your child with the clinicians and the practice. As a parent, you should reassure your child that the visit is not scary or something about which to be afraid of. Short, successive visits can build the child’s comfort with us.
What happens during your dental visits?
Depending on the child’s age, a dental visit will involve:
- a gentle but thorough examination of the teeth, jaw, bite, gums and oral tissues to monitor growth and development and observe any problem areas
- a gentle cleaning, which includes polishing teeth and removing any plaque, tartar build-up and stains
- small in-the-mouth x-rays to determine if there are any developing holes
- large out-of-the-mouth x-rays to determine the position of all teeth, and any potential underlying issues
- a demonstration of how to properly care for your child’s mouth and teeth at home with an assessment of the need for fluoride or tooth mousse
- nutritional counselling
- preventative treatments such as fissure-sealing.
Want an orthodontic opinion?
An incorrect bite can lead to long-term dental problems. We can assess if your child needs early orthodontic intervention during their growing years or if they want their teeth straightened during their teenage years.
Our clinicians at FirstBite will answer any questions you have and will make you and your child feel comfortable throughout the visit.
Arrange an appointment right now
Start the process of achieving a better smile today by arranging an appointment. Just call us or if out of hours use our simple request a callback from and we will call you back when we are open.
Call 9379 1893
"*" indicates required fields