The Australian Dental Association, the Dental Board of Australia, and the Australian Health Practitioners Committee have imposed stringent regulations on all dental practices during the Victorian 14 Day Lockdown.
At FirstBite Dental, we are serious about the health and wellbeing of all our patients and staff, and are taking this Pandemic very seriously.
As of 11:59pm Thursday 27 May 2021, the state of Victoria is presently in a 14 day circuit-breaker lockdown, which means that we have to limit our practice to essential emergencies only. The Victorian State Government enacts these protocols and restrictions when it becomes clear that the spread of COVID-19 is not contained. This stage is triggered when the risk of infections exponentially escalating without drastic and immediate community action including by the dental community is significant.
These restrictions have been put in place by the Victorian State Government, and at this stage are due to cease at 11:59pm Thursday 10 June 2021.
“At this period of time, our practice will remain open, although at reduced hours. Our practice will see essential emergencies. An emergency is something that is causing pain. If it is not an emergency, then we advise that all our patients stay home and isolate to be safe.”
– The FirstBite Dental Team
If you have a dental emergency, or are unsure what entails an emergency, then please contact the surgery on (03) 9379 1893. Because of our reduced hours, if you are unable to contact us, please leave us a voicemail. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If it is essential that you attend the practice, then please take note to answer these questions. If your answer is YES to any of these, then you will not be seen, and will need to reschedule your appointment. If you are unsure, contact us first over the phone, and we will direct you accordingly:
- Have you been overseas in the last 3 weeks?
- Have you been in contact with someone who is a confirmed COVID-19 case?
- Do you have a cough, fever, or any respiratory problems?
- Have you looked after anyone that has been unwell recently?
“Please follow us on Instagram and Facebook @firstbitedental, where we will keep you updated on the current status of the dental industry as things can change very quickly”
So, what does a dental emergency look like during a 7 Day Lockdown?
- Under the very strict guidelines from the Australian Dental Association (ADA), we are restricted in what we can do. Please contact the practice so that we can triage your emergency
- Procedures and surgical treatment which may be undertaken by the dentists at FirstBite Dental during the present restrictions include:
- Facial swelling
- Intra-oral swelling
- Facial trauma
- Dental trauma
- Significant / constant / uncontrollable pain.
“Our aim is to manage your pain and get you through so that treatment can be completed once the restrictions are lifted.”
- All routine dentistry and hygiene visits will be deferred until further notice
- Starting braces during this period will be delayed
- New patient consultations should be delayed, or we are able to provide Virtual Consultations. Please contact us via phone or email to set up a time
- All routine checks, recalls, and adjustments should be delayed until further notice. We will set up virtual consultations during this period to review your progress and give any information required.
“We appreciate your time and understanding during this period of uncertainty. FirstBite Dental will endeavor to keep all our patients updated during this period, and please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.”
– The FirstBite Dental Team