The Australian Dental Association, the Dental Board of Australia, and the Australian Health Practitioners Committee have imposed stringent regulations on all dental practices during this Pandemic.
At FirstBite Dental, we are serious about the health and well-being of all our patients and staff, and are taking this Pandemic very seriously.
We are currently at Level 3 restrictions, which mean that we have to limit our practice to essential emergencies only. Level 3 is enacted when it becomes clear that COVID-19 is not contained. This level is triggered when the risk of infections exponentially escalating without drastic and immediate community action including by the dental community is significant.
“At this period of time, our practice will remain open, although at reduced hours. Our practice will see essential emergencies. An emergency is something that is causing pain. If it is not an emergency, then we advise that all our patients stay home and isolate to be safe”
– The FirstBite Team
If you have a dental emergency, or are unsure what entails an emergency, then please contact the surgery on 03-93791893. Because of our reduced hours, if you are unable to contact us, please leave us a voicemail. You can also email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If it is essential that you attend the practice, then please take note to answer these questions. If your answer is YES to any of these, then you will not be seen, and will need to reschedule your appointment. If you are unsure, contact us first over the phone, and we will direct you accordingly:
- Have you been overseas in the last 3 weeks?
- Have you been in contact with someone who is a confirmed Covid-19 case?
- Do you have a cough, fever, or any respiratory problems?
- Have you looked after anyone that has been unwell recently?
“Please follow us on Instagram and Facebook @firstbitedental, where we will keep you updated on the current status of the dental industry as things can change very quickly”
So what does a dental emergency look like at a Level 3 Regulation:
- Under the very strict guidelines from the Dental Board, at Level 3, we are restricted in what we can do. Please contact the practice so that we can triage your emergency.
“Our aim is to manage your pain and get you through so that treatment can be completed once the restrictions are lifted.”
- All routine dentistry and Hygiene visits will be deferred until further notice
- Starting braces during this period should be delayed
- New patient consultations should be delayed, or we are able to provide Virtual Consultations. Please contact us via phone or email to set up a time
- All routine checks, recalls, and adjustments should be delayed until further notice. We will set up virtual consultations during this period to review your progress and give any information required.
“We appreciate your time and understanding during this period of uncertainty. FirstBite Dental will endeavor to keep all our patients updated during this period, and please feel free to contact us if you have any questions.”– The FirstBite Team